Hunter X2™ Wi-Fi Capable Irrigation Controller
Advanced online-capable automatic watering controller
The Hunter X2™ Irrigation Controller with Hydrawise® continues the legacy set by the popular X-Core® with a similar set of reliable and highly efficient capabilities, but brings irrigation management into the next generation by providing the option to add Wi-Fi for remote management and advanced water-saving features using Hunter's industry-leading Hydrawise® software.
With the Hunter X2 Controller, you can keep the familiar dial-based programming style offered by X-Core. If you upgrade X2 with WAND, programming is familiar, fast, and easy thanks to a helpful setup wizard using a smartphone or desktop device. Hydrawise maximizes water savings by automatically adjusting irrigation schedules based on local weather measurements sourced from the internet.
The outdoor-rated X2 Controller is available in 4-, 6-, 8-, or 14-station models with a built-in 5' (1.5 m) cord and plug. Install a rain sensor for instant shutoff during rain events. WAND adds the power of virtual Solar Sync technology, which replaces the need for an on-site ET sensor. The software detects the controller’s location and makes precise automatic adjustments to meet landscape requirements.
Simple offline programming has not changed from X-Core to X2. Programming includes the same 3 programs with 4 start times per program, but run times have increased to 6 hours — perfect for areas with watering restrictions. The simple Hunter setup, robust dial, and easy-to-use buttons give confidence to veteran contractors as well as newer users. Reading data is easier than ever before on the larger LCD screen, which is backlit for added convenience in low-light areas. Hunter’s key controller benefits are all included with X2: Easy Retrieve™ memory for full program backup, Delay Between Stations for slow-closing valves, Short Circuit Protection to skip faulty stations without damaging the system, Hide Programs for simplification, Seasonal Adjustment for watering percentage adjustments throughout the year, and Cycle and Soak for runoff elimination.
Hunter X2 ensures healthy, green landscapes to make site management more convenient and profitable in routine installations. You can quickly set irrigation schedules and manage an unlimited number of controllers with real-time controller status updates.
Advice. Products. Solutions. Locally source and buy solutions from Hunter Industries – including the Hunter X2™ Irrigation Controller from the leaders in pumping, irrigation, filtration, water and fluid management. Irrigear Goulburn a member of Irrigear® – The Water System Experts.
Mounting and connecting field wires is simple, thanks to a molded-in conduit receptacle in the wiring compartment. Simply add pipe and pass the wires through — that’s all there is to it. X2 is available with a hasp hole that will accommodate nearly all padlock models for maximum system protection.
- Next-Generation Irrigation Controller
- 4-, 6-, 8-, & 14 Station Models
- Managed by Hydrawise® Software
- WAND Wi-Fi Module
Utilising advanced wireless technology, Hunter has the simplest method to connect to your controller via the smartphone app. The WAND Wi-Fi module includes LEDs that display the internet connectivity status. Additional benefits of X2 include the ability for maintenance professionals to continue using ROAM or ROAM XL remotes, push-button manual operation at the controller, and turn the controller off with the dial position even when schedules are set from the cloud. If the WAND is ever removed, the controller will automatically revert to the programming in place before WAND was installed.
- Number of stations: 4, 6, 8, or 14 (fixed models)
- Wi-Fi capable controller automatically managed by Hydrawise® software
- Backlit display provides optimal visibility in any light
- 3 flexible programs with 4 start times each & up to 6-hour run times
- QuickCheck™ provides simple diagnostics of faulty field wiring
- Hide Programs option shows 1 program & 1 start time for simplification
- Suspend irrigation up to 99 days during the off-season
- Short-circuit protection detects wiring faults & skips the station without system damage
- Easy Retrieve™ memory backups the full irrigation schedule
- Delay Between Stations for slow-closing valves or pump recharge
- Cycle and Soak prevents water waste & runoff in areas with elevation changes or tight soils
- Seasonal adjustment for quicker schedule adjustments without changing run times
The revolutionary and cost-effective X2 opens an exciting new chapter in the future of irrigation management. X2 is the best choice for traditional dial control and is Hydrawise capable for ultimate water savings in any installation that requires 14 stations or fewer. Now that’s smart watering!
- Provides online irrigation management & controller status alerts
- Standard ABC programming with 3 programs & 6 start times & run times up to 24 hours
- Predictive Watering™ provides precise weather adjustments for maximum water savings
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa™ & Control4® home automation
- Transformer input: 230 VAC
- Transformer output (24 VAC): 1 A
- Station output (24 VAC): 0.56 A
- P/MV output (24 VAC): 0.28 A
- Total maximum output: 0.84 A
- Sensor inputs: 1
- Approvals (controller): Plastic IP44, UL, cUL, FCC, CE, RCM
- Approvals (module): Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, CE, UL, RCM, FCC
- Size H23 x W19 x D10cm
- Warranty period: 2 years (controller and module)
Built on Innovation®
A global leader in the irrigation, architectural and landscape lighting, and custom manufacturing industries. Beyond efficient product innovation, Hunter® Industries is also known as a leader in outstanding customer service, product training and technical support in all of their business segments. Distributed in Australia through HR Products and Nelson Australia.
Talk to the team at Irrigear Goulburn a member of Irrigear® – The Water System Experts. Find out more about Hunter X2™ Wi-Fi Capable Irrigation Controller and other great water and energy saving solutions!
Enquiry form find out more